UK trip - 2016 - davekennedy
Powered by SmugMug Log In

The pub previously on this site was called the Crown and Sugar Loaf, but was renamed as the Punch Tavern in the 1840s, as Punch magazine had its office nearby at that end of Fleet Street. It was rebuilt by the architects Saville and Martin in two phases, first the main part area of the pub and its Fleet Street frontage in 1894-95, and then its Bride Lane frontage with a "Luncheon Bar" behind in 1896-97